You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 2013 Macbook Pro is not letting me update to Big Sur and other issues

I have a MacBook PRO Retina late 2013

My apple About this mac says OSX 10.9.5, when I click updates it says Big Sur was installed. When I had the window to DL Big Sur to my HD I couldn't push the button to continue. Now I can't find the window...or update.

Also, when I go to some websites on Safari or Chrome, I get a message that they can't open because they can't establish a secure connection with the server.

My mail will not recognize my new passwords...

I went to verify permissions etc... and disk repair was greyed out. It said I needed to repair my HD. I followed the steps but no luck...

HELP!!! Please!!!

thanks, Monica

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 8:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 8:49 AM

MSMonica573 wrote:

My apple About this mac says OSX 10.9.5, when I click updates it says Big Sur was installed. When I had the window to DL Big Sur to my HD I couldn't push the button to continue. Now I can't find the window...or update.
Also, when I go to some websites on Safari or Chrome, I get a message that they can't open because they can't establish a secure connection with the server.
I went to verify permissions etc... and disk repair was greyed out. It said I needed to repair my HD. I followed the steps but no luck...
HELP!!! Please!!!
thanks, Monica

Boot into Internet Recovery (Option Command R) and from the dropdown menu: Utilities>  Disk Utility> run the First Aid on your Macintosh HD (and the "Macintosh HD-Data" volume as well if Catalina/Big Sur/Monterey) If errors are found and repaired, run again until no errors reported.

Disk Utility>View>Show All Devices The best sequence is —

• Volume level

• Container level

• Parent drive

Recovery — How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 25, 2022 8:49 AM in response to MSMonica573

MSMonica573 wrote:

HELP!!! Please!!!
thanks, Monica

Boot into Internet Recovery (Option Command R) and from the dropdown menu: Utilities>  Disk Utility> run the First Aid on your Macintosh HD (and the "Macintosh HD-Data" volume as well if Catalina/Big Sur/Monterey) If errors are found and repaired, run again until no errors reported.

Disk Utility>View>Show All Devices The best sequence is —

• Volume level

• Container level

• Parent drive

Recovery — How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

My 2013 Macbook Pro is not letting me update to Big Sur and other issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.