You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

buzzing / zapping sound coming from ipad (8th generation)

i was using my ipad when i noticed a quiet buzzing / zapping noise, i cant find a source but it sounds like its coming from inside or somewhere near the charger port (it wasn't plugged in when this happened) i cleaned the speaker holes and charger port with a q-tip, but its still happening. i have had this ipad for about a year now, and nothing seriously damaging has happened to it.

should i bring it to get checked somewhere or should i ignore it?

thanks!!

iPad, 15

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 12:41 PM

1 reply

Feb 26, 2022 11:50 AM in response to rhipear

Hello rhipear,

We're glad you thought to ask Apple Support Communities about the sound you're hearing coming from your iPad. You completed some great steps to try to resolve it. See if these additional steps help: If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

If not, you'll want to get your iPad in for service. To look into your available options use the following link. Be sure to change to your region to see all available options: iPad Service and Repair

Thanks, and take care!

buzzing / zapping sound coming from ipad (8th generation)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.