You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is iMessage still working

I have an iPhone 13 with no SIM card but connected to WiFi.. iMessage and FaceTime are toggled off. I don’t send or receive text messages on this phone.

I also have an iPhone SE (2020) with a SIM card and WiFi with iMessage and FaceTime turned on. This is my main phone and is used for all communications. iMessage Send & Receive is by phone number only.

After restarting my iPhone 13 all of my text messages from the iPhone SE will show up on the iPhone 13 (stock messages app).

How is iMessage still working despite it being turned off for the iPhone 13?

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 4:08 AM

6 replies

Feb 26, 2022 5:10 AM in response to SravanKrA

There are no devices listed there on my iPhone SE. I didn’t even have the Text Message Forwarding available until I turned on iMessage on the iPhone 13. As soon as I turned off iMessage on the iPhone 13 that option disappeared on the iPhone SE. I’m guessing that Text Message Forwarding is only available if there is more than one device using iMessage on the same Apple ID.

Why is iMessage still working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.