You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do videos recorded on camera app get saved?

I used the camera app on my MacBook to record a video. Can anyone tell me where the video was saved?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 4:19 PM

7 replies

Feb 27, 2022 8:13 AM in response to RTCliffside

Hi

I don't have that app on my mac so can't check. Is this an apple app? Or a third party app? (If you don't know there might be an "about" option in the menus.

If it is an apple app, what version of MacOS do you have.

Regarding likely locations, I can only suggest your pictures folder, or the desktop to look in for new videos. Or does it give you an option to save from a file menu, or similar?

Feb 28, 2022 10:59 AM in response to RTCliffside

I couldn't find any "Camera" app on my Monterey computer, or even an app listed listed in the App Store with that name. I could be missing something obvious.

I would suggest looking in to where it came from and if you really want it on your computer. Check the "About" menu as Tony suggested, or select the app (in the applications folder) and use "Get Info" (command-I).

I am probably excessively paranoid, but the app seems pretty useless anyway — and possibly nefarious.

Where do videos recorded on camera app get saved?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.