You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off music in Photos Memories

If I can’t turn off music, how do I turn off memories?

iPhone 11

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 2:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 9:49 AM

I always update my phone, so I am using OS 15…I guess I should not have done that.

I’m not alone in this, there are so many others that find this “feature” annoying, why can’t we choose for ourselves when sounds come out of our phones. I’d like the off button option, please.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 28, 2022 9:49 AM in response to léonie

I always update my phone, so I am using OS 15…I guess I should not have done that.

I’m not alone in this, there are so many others that find this “feature” annoying, why can’t we choose for ourselves when sounds come out of our phones. I’d like the off button option, please.

Feb 28, 2022 10:10 AM in response to MBF70

You may want to send a feature request directly to Apple. This way, we can be sure that the your request will be read by Apple. Here in our user-tourer forum it may not be coming to Apple's attention.

The feedback form for Photos is here:

Photos for iOS - Feedback - Apple

I am not happy with the changes to the Memory feature either. It is embarrassing, when we accidentally open a memory in photos and the iPhone is starting to play some music, while we are not alone. We should be give an opportunity to turn off the sound, before the memory starts playing.

Feb 28, 2022 3:42 AM in response to MBF70

Which system version is installed on your iPhone? Since iOS 15 it is no longer possible to remove the background music for a memory completely. You can just try to select the least annoying song or turn the volume down, before you play the Memory.

And we cannot disable the creation of Memories. We just can limit it a bit by using the option "Show less" from the (...) menu in the upper right corner of the keyframe of a memory.

Turn off music in Photos Memories

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.