You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification code doesn’t work on my iPhone now it’s says I’ve tried to many times!

Verification code doesn’t work on My IPhone XR now it’s says I’ve tried too many times!

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 1:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 1:05 AM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.

See: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support.

Jack

2 replies

Mar 17, 2022 5:58 PM in response to MalibuQueen

I have the same problem on my iPad. It suddenly told me I had to Update Apple ID Settings. I put my password in and it then wants to do Two-Factor Authetication. I type in the code; eg - 912589 and press OK. A message pops up Cannot Verify Code. You have attempted to verify too many codes. This is due to the numerous Cannot Verify Code messages after correctly typing in the code sent to me at the time. So I tried to enter a code sent to my phone. I then get a message that says; Enter iPhone

Passcode. Why am I being asked to enter a phone passcode? Is this a scam? Has someone hijacked my account? I have changed my password but the problem persists.

Verification code doesn’t work on my iPhone now it’s says I’ve tried to many times!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.