You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey: Finder icon in Dock keeps freezing

From time to time the finder icon in the dock freezes in the state as if I click & hold with the mouse on it. The dock then becomes unresponsive until I show all applications with F3 and then click somewhere on the dock. I'm running a fresh installation of Mac OS 12.2.1 on a MacBook Pro 14'', 2021 with an M1 Max.

Any idea why this is happening? Does anyone else encounter this?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 7:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 7:42 AM

ole_berlin wrote:

From time to time the finder icon in the dock freezes in the state as if I click & hold with the mouse on it. The dock then becomes unresponsive until I show all applications with F3 and then click somewhere on the dock. I'm running a fresh installation of Mac OS 12.2.1 on a MacBook Pro 14'', 2021 with an M1 Max.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/40d3500a-f14c-4b10-94d2-c4655ed9b1e5

M1 SoC - SMC reset equivalent is Shut down, close the lid 30 secs+ , reboot as normal

no resolve—Try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 28, 2022 7:42 AM in response to ole_berlin

ole_berlin wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/40d3500a-f14c-4b10-94d2-c4655ed9b1e5

M1 SoC - SMC reset equivalent is Shut down, close the lid 30 secs+ , reboot as normal

no resolve—Try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Monterey: Finder icon in Dock keeps freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.