You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No easy way to share an m4a with my ipad?

When I open a video in the form of mp4 on my Mac with QuickTime player, I notice there is a share button on the play bar, so I can share it easily with my nearby iPad using airdrop. However, when I open an audio file in the format of m4a in QuickTime player, I notice for some reason there is NO share button on the play bar (and the share option in the file menu is inactive). Isn’t there as easy a way to share an audio file as a video file from my Mac to my iPad?

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 2:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 8:02 AM

I figured out a quick and easy way to transfer the audio: You can drag it into the Notes app, and then it will appear in Notes on synced devices.

I don't know why the inconsistency between how video and audio works on Apple devices, but whatever.

2 replies

No easy way to share an m4a with my ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.