You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

changing login name on my Apple TV

How do I change the login name on my Apple TV?

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 5:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 7:03 AM

In addition to the above, here’s some thoughts from a slightly different perspective.

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

What is its version system software?

Apple TV (4th generation or later) has some account options that prior models do not have.

• To change the email of your Apple ID account, while keeping that same account with all its linked services, see: Change your Apple ID - Apple Support
  • To change the screen name on Apple TV (4th generation or later): Settings﹥Users and Accounts﹥[You]﹥Edit User Name for Apple TV﹥.
2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 1, 2022 7:03 AM in response to LDquestions

In addition to the above, here’s some thoughts from a slightly different perspective.

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

What is its version system software?

Apple TV (4th generation or later) has some account options that prior models do not have.

• To change the email of your Apple ID account, while keeping that same account with all its linked services, see: Change your Apple ID - Apple Support
  • To change the screen name on Apple TV (4th generation or later): Settings﹥Users and Accounts﹥[You]﹥Edit User Name for Apple TV﹥.

Feb 28, 2022 9:27 PM in response to LDquestions

Hi LDQuestions, Apple Support provides a good document for your question.

Share Apple TV with multiple users - Apple Support

I assume from your question you want to switch accounts but not entirely change the AppleID default user (the AppleID used to setup the AppleTV). This will be in Settings>Users and Accounts. You'll see you, the "Default User", as well as "Add New User". You can add a second AppleID login and the document will provide how to switch to it when needed. Note, I strongly suggest review the document as adding a second AppleID does not change the AppleID, for example, for iCloud.

changing login name on my Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.