You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to make more storage on my 64GB iPad

Can you please tell me how to make more storage space on my iPad? How can I clear more space in System Data which is taking 20GB?

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 4:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 4:21 PM

yoko258 Said:

"how to make more storage on my 64GB iPad: Can you please tell me how to make more storage space on my iPad? How can I clear more space in System Data which is taking 20GB?"

-------

Troubleshooting iPad Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support. So, you'll just have to clear space, and then perform the upgrade.

So, what to do:

Clear Space:

Try clearing internal storage though use of the following:

What Space to Clear:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

And...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

And...

C. "Other" being the Culprit:

Use this Link: How to Check the Storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. The storage named "Other" is the grey bar. So, to clear that, this is what to perform: Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad" - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 28, 2022 4:21 PM in response to yoko258

yoko258 Said:

"how to make more storage on my 64GB iPad: Can you please tell me how to make more storage space on my iPad? How can I clear more space in System Data which is taking 20GB?"

-------

Troubleshooting iPad Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support. So, you'll just have to clear space, and then perform the upgrade.

So, what to do:

Clear Space:

Try clearing internal storage though use of the following:

What Space to Clear:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

And...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

And...

C. "Other" being the Culprit:

Use this Link: How to Check the Storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. The storage named "Other" is the grey bar. So, to clear that, this is what to perform: Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad" - Apple Support

Mar 1, 2022 8:36 AM in response to yoko258

It is impossible to increase the amount of RAM or internal storage in your iPad - as this is fixed during manufacture; what you have is fixed for the life of your device. You can, however, subscribe to a higher tier of iCloud storage - but this is not a substitute for internal storage.

If your internal storage is full, your only option is to better manage the storage that you have - and delete unused Apps or unneeded data. 

These support pages should prove to be helpful:

About storage on your device and in iCloud – Apple Support

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? – Apple Support

Manage your iCloud storage – Apple Support

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

“Offloading” Apps can be a helpful method of creating temporary space for a software update.

https://9to5mac.com/2020/01/21/how-to-offload-apps-in-ios-to-save-space-without-deleting-their-data/

Additional information about creating sufficient space for installation of a software update can be found here:

If you need more space for an update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

how to make more storage on my 64GB iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.