You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ask to Buy

Maybe because it's a long day and I've been activating devices and deactivating accounts and replacing Sim cards all day, but I am quickly becoming irate. I purchased an iPad for my daughter, only because my mobile provider, at this time, does not support Samsung tablets, only phones. I have never used an apple, but due to the circumstances, I thought I'd give it a try. With the previous tablet, we had a kids mode, which basically took over the device and had access only to apps you specifically put on the kids mode. Apple apparently does not have this, so I'm going around trying to delete anything not relevant to a six year old, which is practically everything, which is fine, it is what it is. What is KILLING ME is the fact that I'm trying to download several games/apps for her to use, and every single time, it asks me to sign in first with her apple ID (every. Single. Time) which is already frustrating in itself, and then asks for permission to buy, and then I can't even receive the ability to approve the request because I don't personally own an apple device? Please tell me there is a way around this because I am quickly getting to the end of my rope.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 7:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 10:14 PM

Hello FrustratedSamsungUser,

To disable Ask To Buy, you can sign into your Apple ID on her device, and then go to Family Sharing then Ask To Buy or the family member, then just turn off Ask To Buy,

Thank You for being part of the community, also if that does not work it will explain how to turn it off here Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 2, 2022 10:14 PM in response to FrustratedSamsungUser

Hello FrustratedSamsungUser,

To disable Ask To Buy, you can sign into your Apple ID on her device, and then go to Family Sharing then Ask To Buy or the family member, then just turn off Ask To Buy,

Thank You for being part of the community, also if that does not work it will explain how to turn it off here Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

Mar 2, 2022 7:27 PM in response to FrustratedSamsungUser

I now see the approve in person button. So then it has me enter in my password. And then it sends a verification number to my device, for me to then type into her device. This is extremely overboard and frustrating to have to do for every single download. I could handle pressing download, or "buy" even though I'm not "buying" anything since it's free, and then having to enter a pass code, but literally all of this? Wtf?

Ask to Buy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.