You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring data to new Apple 13 from Apple 11, setup is complete except several apps are not downloading after over an hour. Both phones hooked up to power/fully charged. How can I activate the downloading of these important apps?

setup & transfer from iPhone 11 to IPhone 13 complete. Apps are not downloading after over an hour. Is this normal? How can I expedite the app downloads?

iPhone 13

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 9:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 12:23 PM

The apps will be downloaded independently of the transfer, i.e. they are not transferred when using Quick Start.

This being said, your iPhone 13 is fully set up and no longer needs a connection to your iPhone 11. You'll need to wait for your iPhone 13 to upload the apps and, if things are taking too much time, restart your iPhone 13. The apps may take a long time to load, e.g. a few hours depending on the quality of the connection to the App Store.

Besides restarting your iPhone 13, there isn't much you can do to speed up the process.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 3, 2022 12:23 PM in response to Baileydog4

The apps will be downloaded independently of the transfer, i.e. they are not transferred when using Quick Start.

This being said, your iPhone 13 is fully set up and no longer needs a connection to your iPhone 11. You'll need to wait for your iPhone 13 to upload the apps and, if things are taking too much time, restart your iPhone 13. The apps may take a long time to load, e.g. a few hours depending on the quality of the connection to the App Store.

Besides restarting your iPhone 13, there isn't much you can do to speed up the process.

Transferring data to new Apple 13 from Apple 11, setup is complete except several apps are not downloading after over an hour. Both phones hooked up to power/fully charged. How can I activate the downloading of these important apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.