You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes for Windows - CD Track Selection

I just set up a brand new Windows PC and downloaded iTunes from the Microsoft store, as I have done for dozens of others in the past. After installation, I popped a CD into the drive with the intention of importing a single track into iTunes. However, I don't seem to have the option of manually selecting individual tracks like I always have before. I can only import the entire CD as a whole.

I'm sure this is a simple fix, but I can't seem to find an option in any of the settings. Any ideas? Thank you in advance. :)

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 4:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2022 10:00 AM

It depends on exactly what is happening when you insert the CD:

• if the CD begins importing without offering you the option to check it first, go to Edit/Preferences/General> When you insert a CD: and use the drop down menu there to change it to Show CD (assuming that the drop down option currently says Import CD). Then click the OK button
    • if the CD is shown in the Import window, but the tick boxes (check boxes) to the left of each song title are missing, go to Edit/Preferences/General> Show: List view tickboxes and click the option box to add the tick. Your text may say "checkboxes" according to your country settings. Then click the OK button
3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 4, 2022 10:00 AM in response to gtifeld

It depends on exactly what is happening when you insert the CD:

• if the CD begins importing without offering you the option to check it first, go to Edit/Preferences/General> When you insert a CD: and use the drop down menu there to change it to Show CD (assuming that the drop down option currently says Import CD). Then click the OK button
    • if the CD is shown in the Import window, but the tick boxes (check boxes) to the left of each song title are missing, go to Edit/Preferences/General> Show: List view tickboxes and click the option box to add the tick. Your text may say "checkboxes" according to your country settings. Then click the OK button

iTunes for Windows - CD Track Selection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.