You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replying to message on IPad will not give notifications to my phone

I’m having an issue where I reply to a message on my IPad but then the following texts don’t notify my phone. Heck, it doesn’t even vibrate the phone. I have an IPhone 13 pro max. I have fully reset the iPhone without ICloud backup. I also want to make note that I have all the settings turned on for vibrations and notifications. I have an IPhone 13 pro max and a 4th gen IPad Pro 12.9 inch

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 4, 2022 12:41 AM

5 replies

Mar 5, 2022 6:20 AM in response to Usertkn

Hello Usertkn,

There are a few settings that may impact notifications for specific apps.

If Focus or Do Not Disturb is enabled, be sure that it's not set to hide or silence notifications for Messages. Set up Focus on iPhone

"After setting up your Focus, you can return to Settings > Focus at any time and change any of the following (which are initially set when you create your Focus):

• Choose apps you want to receive notifications from (if any) during this Focus: Tap Apps or Add App, select apps, then tap Done."

If this appears to be isolated to specific contacts, make sure that the conversations aren't muted within the Messages app. You can find those steps under the "Turn on Hide Alerts" section here: Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Regards.

Mar 4, 2022 6:55 PM in response to Usertkn

Hi Usertkn,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. First, make sure that you are signed in with the same Apple ID on both your iPad and iPhone.

“1. Open the Settings app.

2. Tap Sign in to your [device].

3. Enter your Apple ID and password.

4. If prompted, enter the six-digit verification code sent to your trusted device or phone number and complete sign in.”

Above steps and other guidance can be found in Sign in with your Apple ID.

Does this happen only with text or iMessage as well? If only with text, make sure that SMS/MMS forwarding is enabled.

"1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. On your Mac, open Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage. Make sure that you're signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on all your devices.

2.On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.

3.Choose which devices can send and receive text messages from your iPhone. If you're not using two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, a verification code appears on each of your other devices: enter that code on your iPhone."

Check out How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac

Also, make sure that your message notifications are set up correctly from Settings > Notifications > Messages on both your iPhone and iPad. Reference Change message notifications on iPhone if needed.

Have a great day!

Mar 5, 2022 1:44 AM in response to faith185

Hi there Faith!

So I am logged in on both devices with the same apple id and I do have the messages forwarded to my iPad. As for your question regarding to weather or not it’s affecting sms or iMessage it’s both, both are affected. Another thing I have noticed is that when I have my iPad on I’ll get the notification of a text on my iPad but it will NOT go buzz/pop up on my watch or iPhone.

Thanks,

Usertkn.

Replying to message on IPad will not give notifications to my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.