You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Movie rentals on AppleTV

If i rent a movie on AppleTV can i watch it more than once? I have 30 days so I’m hoping that i can watch it several times, but it’s not clear. It says once i start watching the movie, i have 48 hours to finish it. Why the 48 hour limit? Shouldn’t i be sble to start and stop?

thanks for your help

911sparrow911

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 4, 2022 2:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2022 4:34 AM

The rental period is 48 hours, from the moment you start playback. You may delay the start within the 30 days.

Rent movies from the Apple TV app - Apple Support

When you rent a movie, you have 30 days to start watching it. As soon as you play your rental, your rental is available for 48 hours. Your rental automatically deletes from your library 30 days after you rent it or 48 hours after you start watching it, whichever is sooner.

To watch the content more, consider buying the title, rather than renting. Then you can watch it many times more, without fixed end date.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 4, 2022 4:34 AM in response to 911Sparrow911

The rental period is 48 hours, from the moment you start playback. You may delay the start within the 30 days.

Rent movies from the Apple TV app - Apple Support

When you rent a movie, you have 30 days to start watching it. As soon as you play your rental, your rental is available for 48 hours. Your rental automatically deletes from your library 30 days after you rent it or 48 hours after you start watching it, whichever is sooner.

To watch the content more, consider buying the title, rather than renting. Then you can watch it many times more, without fixed end date.

Movie rentals on AppleTV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.