You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate songs in my Music app on MacBook Pro

I noticed a few weeks ago that the songs in my Music App were showing up 2 times each. Now they are all in there 3 times each! I tried to research it and read topics on the Apple Communities, but I did't have any success. Do I need to go through and remove every single duplicate?!🤪😅 My MacBook Pro is updated to the latest operating system.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 4:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 7:12 AM

Hi pleasantphotography,

Check out the steps below to see how find duplicate items, which you can then delete:

"In the Music app  on your Mac, click Songs in the sidebar on the left.Select an item, then do one of the following:Find every instance of that item in your library: Choose File > Library > Show Duplicate Items.Find exact duplicates: Hold down the Option key, then choose File > Library > Show Exact Duplicate Items.

After you find duplicate items, you can delete them if you want to declutter your library.

To see all items again, click Done in the bottom-right corner or choose File > Library > Show All Items."

Those steps are from this article: Find duplicate items in Music on Mac - Apple Support

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 6, 2022 7:12 AM in response to pleasantphotography

Hi pleasantphotography,

Check out the steps below to see how find duplicate items, which you can then delete:

"In the Music app  on your Mac, click Songs in the sidebar on the left.Select an item, then do one of the following:Find every instance of that item in your library: Choose File > Library > Show Duplicate Items.Find exact duplicates: Hold down the Option key, then choose File > Library > Show Exact Duplicate Items.

After you find duplicate items, you can delete them if you want to declutter your library.

To see all items again, click Done in the bottom-right corner or choose File > Library > Show All Items."

Those steps are from this article: Find duplicate items in Music on Mac - Apple Support

Take care!

Duplicate songs in my Music app on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.