You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

brother scanner drivers

I can't seem to get the Brother DS940DW scanner to work with my MacBook Pro. Im running Monterey OS. The drivers won't load and am not able to get find the answer from them.

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 7:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 11:14 AM

The download page shows three utilities. The "Brother iPrint & Scan application" is what you need which the page notes is only available from the Apple App Store. There is also an "iPrint & Scan Push Scan Tool" that can be downloaded from the Brother website although it is listed as "Additional software" so that tells me you also need the previously mentioned app from the App Store.

Keep in mind that if you have any anti-virus apps, cleaning apps, or third party security software installed, then they may interfere with the normal operation of macOS and prevent the Brother drivers from installing or working.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 5, 2022 11:14 AM in response to willifitz

The download page shows three utilities. The "Brother iPrint & Scan application" is what you need which the page notes is only available from the Apple App Store. There is also an "iPrint & Scan Push Scan Tool" that can be downloaded from the Brother website although it is listed as "Additional software" so that tells me you also need the previously mentioned app from the App Store.

Keep in mind that if you have any anti-virus apps, cleaning apps, or third party security software installed, then they may interfere with the normal operation of macOS and prevent the Brother drivers from installing or working.

Mar 5, 2022 8:25 AM in response to willifitz

willifitz wrote:

I can't seem to get the Brother DS940DW scanner to work with my MacBook Pro. Im running Monterey OS. The drivers won't load and am not able to get find the answer from them.

Solve printing problems on Mac

Solve printing problems on Mac - Apple Support

If you can't find an updated driver for your printer give the open-source, free Gutenprint driver a try.

http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php

brother scanner drivers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.