You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to insert dark mode in iPhone 6

How to put dark mode on iPhone 6

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 12:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 1:21 PM

You're able to do this via an accessibility feature to invert colors & switch between light & dark mode performing a triple click of the home key. Go to settings> Accessibility> Accessability shortcut> Classic invert. I set this up on my iPhone 6s Plus many yrs ago because I have old age eyes & the black background is SO much easier on the eyes.

I just got an iphone 13 Pro Max & don't think the dark mode feature is as good as the feature I describe above so I turned off dark mode & set this same accessibility shortcut on my new phone. The triple click to change between light to dark modes is done via a triple click of the on/off button (on right side) since there's no home button on the newer phones.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 6, 2022 1:21 PM in response to Kadoshian

You're able to do this via an accessibility feature to invert colors & switch between light & dark mode performing a triple click of the home key. Go to settings> Accessibility> Accessability shortcut> Classic invert. I set this up on my iPhone 6s Plus many yrs ago because I have old age eyes & the black background is SO much easier on the eyes.

I just got an iphone 13 Pro Max & don't think the dark mode feature is as good as the feature I describe above so I turned off dark mode & set this same accessibility shortcut on my new phone. The triple click to change between light to dark modes is done via a triple click of the on/off button (on right side) since there's no home button on the newer phones.

How to insert dark mode in iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.