You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail.app not redirecting any emails

'Redirect' used to be a favorite way for me to send interesting emails to others.

But lately the email message just reappears with the following error screen each time I try:

'Cannot send message using the server icloud. The server response was: From address is not one of your addresses'.

The redirected email's 'send to' address field is empty (the addresses I had in there disappear and I have to retype them), and trying again gives the same result/error.

I can't even save the redirected email as draft; either I keep trying or the entire redirected email just disappears.

Mac mini, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 3:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 7:42 AM

Hilal Malawi wrote:

'Redirect' used to be a favorite way for me to send interesting emails to others.

But lately the email message just reappears with the following error screen each time I try:

'Cannot send message using the server icloud. The server response was: From address is not one of your addresses'.

The redirected email's 'send to' address field is empty (the addresses I had in there disappear and I have to retype them), and trying again gives the same result/error.

I can't even save the redirected email as draft; either I keep trying or the entire redirected email just disappears.

See if there is anything here—

Open mail app select Mail>Preferences>Privacy disable “Protect Mail Activity” / “Hide IP address” / “Block all remote content” —content for the email will load automatically

Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac

Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

Use Mail Privacy Protection on iPhone - Apple Support

Privacy

Mail Privacy Protection helps prevent senders from tracking your Mail activity

iCloud+

Hide My Email creates unique, random email addresses that forward to your inbox

iCloud Private Relay (beta) helps prevent companies from creating a detailed profile of your browsing activity in Safari

ref:What's new in the updates for macOS Monterey - Apple Support

What's new in the updates for macOS Monterey - Apple Support

*If you use a non-iCloud SMTP server, don't use your iCloud email address as a "Send From" address. Otherwise, your email might not deliver or it might deliver to the recipient's Junk folder.

ref: Get help using iCloud Mail - If iCloud Mail isn't working - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 9, 2022 7:42 AM in response to Hilal Malawi

Hilal Malawi wrote:

See if there is anything here—

Open mail app select Mail>Preferences>Privacy disable “Protect Mail Activity” / “Hide IP address” / “Block all remote content” —content for the email will load automatically

Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac

Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

Privacy

Mail Privacy Protection helps prevent senders from tracking your Mail activity

iCloud+

Hide My Email creates unique, random email addresses that forward to your inbox

iCloud Private Relay (beta) helps prevent companies from creating a detailed profile of your browsing activity in Safari

ref:What's new in the updates for macOS Monterey - Apple Support

What's new in the updates for macOS Monterey - Apple Support

*If you use a non-iCloud SMTP server, don't use your iCloud email address as a "Send From" address. Otherwise, your email might not deliver or it might deliver to the recipient's Junk folder.

ref: Get help using iCloud Mail - If iCloud Mail isn't working - Apple Support

Mail.app not redirecting any emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.