You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Enter Text in Keynote

I'm using Keynote for almost the first time. I've created one slide by adding an image, now I'm trying to add a second slide with bullet points. However, when I try to overtype the placeholder text with my own, I find it is not allowed. The placeholder text remains in place and I continually get error beeps. I just cannot figure out what is wrong. The same problem occurs with any other type of slide, such a a title slide. I've checked the presentation title and the docuemnt is not locked.

Brian Smale

iMac 27″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 1:52 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 10, 2022 4:35 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks, Gary. In fact, yesterday, I followed exactly the instruction in the user guide that you've mentioned and tried to add a bullet slide. It came up with a template showing Bullet Level 1, Bullet Level 2 (indented), Bullet Level 3 (further indented), and so on. I could not select and overwrite any the the placeholder text; I just got error pings as I mentioned previously. Just now, I tried again to add a bullet slide and it's appearance was different - just one line of text that I could freely edit.

So what the heck was going on yesterday remains a complete mystery. Anyway, all is well now.

Best regards,

Brian

Cannot Enter Text in Keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.