You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not showing Wi-Fi icon but is connected to wifi on settings

My new iPhone no longer shows the Wi-Fi icon on the upper right corner, but it is connected to Wi-Fi on settings. Am I running on Wi-Fi or my phone network?

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 8:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 12:02 PM

My iPhone doesn't show the Wi-Fi icon in the top right corner, my husband's shows his on his iPhone. It has the blue check and the blue Wi-Fi symbol.

2 replies

Mar 10, 2022 10:04 AM in response to Sm778

It's possible your wifi connection is dropping even though your wifi setting is turned on. When this happens, your phone reverts to a cell connection & no longer shows the wifi icon. Turn your wifi setting off, then on & after you connect to your network, if your wifi icon is displayed. If you find that your wifi connection keeps dropping, contact your provider to troubleshoot.

iPhone not showing Wi-Fi icon but is connected to wifi on settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.