You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 - Missing notification on select apps after transferring from iPhone XS

I am missing notifications on select apps (Banking, Local News), but not for all apps. This is after transferring data from a problem free iPhone XS max to a new iPhone 13 pro max.

I have tried:

1) Restarting the iPhone

2) Ensure your app is updated to the latest version.

3) Ensure your app has Notification turned on (Settings->Notifications)

4) Scheduled Summary is off

5) Do Not Disturb is not on

7) Sleep Focus is off

8) iOS is up-to-date

9) Deleting app and re-adding

10) Resetting all settings (not a full erase)

The only thing left to try is a full erase/restore and or full erase/new iPhone setup from scratch. I haven't done this since it's only a few apps, but some are my most critical and I need the notifications.

I am very frustrated with this iPhone 13 pro. Any advice on tips to try before giving it up or returning it?

Thanks,

-JG

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 3:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 11:52 AM

I found the fix on another forum. It sounded unlikely to fix the problem, but it worked for my case.

It has to do with this setting: Settings->Notifications->Siri (Announce Notifications was off).

1. Turned it on then closed settings
  2. Went back and turned it off again
  3. Deleted problematic apps
  4. Rebooted
  5. Reinstalled problematic apps
  6. Fixed

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 11, 2022 11:52 AM in response to jgalloway84

I found the fix on another forum. It sounded unlikely to fix the problem, but it worked for my case.

It has to do with this setting: Settings->Notifications->Siri (Announce Notifications was off).

1. Turned it on then closed settings
  2. Went back and turned it off again
  3. Deleted problematic apps
  4. Rebooted
  5. Reinstalled problematic apps
  6. Fixed

Mar 11, 2022 11:48 AM in response to jgalloway84

Hi jgalloway84,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We're happy to help you with this. Since this only happens with certain apps, you may not have Banners enabled for those affected apps. Go to Settings > Notifications, tap one the apps you're having this trouble with, and make sure Banners is selected under "Alerts". You can get further info on this here:

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

iPhone 13 - Missing notification on select apps after transferring from iPhone XS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.