You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I Request from apple a battery replacement for my iPhone 12 pro Even if it is over 80% health?

I own an iPhone 12 Pro, I'd like to know if I can go to any apple authorized service provider to request for a battery replacement, the thing is that my battery is still at 91% health condition, I don't mind if I have to pay for it, I just want to know if it is possible to request this since I feel like the battery doesn't last as much as before.

Thanks!

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 8:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 10:16 AM

I am sure it doesn’t last as long now as it did when new. That is the nature of all batteries. They loose capacity over time due to chemical degradation. With decreasing capacity, a charge will not power the device as long as it used to, and you’ll need to charge more frequently. There is no way to stop it, so even if you replace that battery, the new will steadily last a little less and less as it ages and decays.

I am just cautioning that getting a new battery that early in the life span of the existing one may not be as satisfying as you think. At least not for very long.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 11, 2022 10:16 AM in response to LuisPerezfg

I am sure it doesn’t last as long now as it did when new. That is the nature of all batteries. They loose capacity over time due to chemical degradation. With decreasing capacity, a charge will not power the device as long as it used to, and you’ll need to charge more frequently. There is no way to stop it, so even if you replace that battery, the new will steadily last a little less and less as it ages and decays.

I am just cautioning that getting a new battery that early in the life span of the existing one may not be as satisfying as you think. At least not for very long.

Can I Request from apple a battery replacement for my iPhone 12 pro Even if it is over 80% health?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.