You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini M1 plus two monitors

Hello, I currently have a Mac Mini M1 connected to a 2012 Apple Thunderbolt display via an Apple Thunderbolt 2 to 3 adapter. I'm interested in purchasing one of the new Studio Displays but this Mac Mini only allows for two monitors via HDMI and the Thunderbolt port. Can I use a Thunderbolt to HDMI adapter on my older 2012 display to accommodate this?

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 9:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 11:02 AM

No, the HDMI port will not support the TB display.

You might get a DVI monitor to work from the HDMI port using an HDMI to DVI adapter, but that’s a moot point and flaky at best.

Your best bet for a second display, is to shop for a high quality HDMI display and use a premium certified HDMI cable.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 11, 2022 11:02 AM in response to fotoz

No, the HDMI port will not support the TB display.

You might get a DVI monitor to work from the HDMI port using an HDMI to DVI adapter, but that’s a moot point and flaky at best.

Your best bet for a second display, is to shop for a high quality HDMI display and use a premium certified HDMI cable.

Mac Mini M1 plus two monitors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.