You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Email account

My email account was originally set up on iPhone as a POP account. Mysteriously it stopped being able to send emails. I deleted the account and tried to set it up again. However, I no longer see the option to set up as a POP account. It automatically sets up as IMAP. I liked POP since I could delete emails from the iPhone and never have them deleted from the server. With IMAP, when I delete from iPhone it also deletes from the server. How can I continue to use email with a POP account?

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 12:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 1:09 PM

RevGNT wrote:

My email account was originally set up on iPhone as a POP account. Mysteriously it stopped being able to send emails. I deleted the account and tried to set it up again. However, I no longer see the option to set up as a POP account. It automatically sets up as IMAP. I liked POP since I could delete emails from the iPhone and never have them deleted from the server. With IMAP, when I delete from iPhone it also deletes from the server. How can I continue to use email with a POP account?

Ask your email provider how to set it up a pop account.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 11, 2022 1:09 PM in response to RevGNT

RevGNT wrote:

Ask your email provider how to set it up a pop account.

iPhone Email account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.