You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Date & Time does not match websites

Hi all! Is there anyone who has came across date & time issue that prevents you from accessing web sites? can't seem to find the correct time my computer enjoys.. Neither automatic settings nor manuel settings does not seem to work as I keep getting 'NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID' error from certain websites. I can change the date & time easily however for some reason clock is never correct for the websites - either it is wrong or too far ahead. Is there a sweet spot? JK aside I really do need to fix this.

using macbook pro Late 201, thanks in advance

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 12:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 7:04 AM

Thanks for the helping hand. However the issue was not as simple as getting time correct. Problem derived from my old OS not capable of updating relative certificates from websites.

I had to manually update the ISRG Root x1 certificate.

Thanks anyhow

8 replies

Mar 12, 2022 6:30 AM in response to alicobain

alicobain wrote:

Hi all! Is there anyone who has came across date & time issue that prevents you from accessing web sites? can't seem to find the correct time my computer enjoys.. Neither automatic settings nor manuel settings does not seem to work as I keep getting 'NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID' error from certain websites. I can change the date & time easily however for some reason clock is never correct for the websites - either it is wrong or too far ahead. Is there a sweet spot?

JK aside I really do need to fix this.

using macbook pro Late 201, thanks in advance

JK....?

macbook pro Late 201, ...?

You can try re-sync the Apple time server from the Terminal.app copy a& paste:

sudo sntp -sS time.apple.com

Date & Time does not match websites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.