You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I charge laptop with iPhone charger

Can I charge my MacBook with an iPhone charger

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 4:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 11:06 AM

If you have a 2017 MacBook, it came with a 30W USB-C power adapter. If you have another notebook model, it could be considerably higher. For example, the 16-inch 2021 MacBook Pro uses a 140W USB-C adapter.

You don't mention which iPhone adapter (they are not chargers) you are considering using. However, none of the Apple-provided USB-C adapters can provide the 30W that would potentially power the MacBook.

Ref: About Apple USB power adapters - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 14, 2022 11:06 AM in response to HVAdnil

If you have a 2017 MacBook, it came with a 30W USB-C power adapter. If you have another notebook model, it could be considerably higher. For example, the 16-inch 2021 MacBook Pro uses a 140W USB-C adapter.

You don't mention which iPhone adapter (they are not chargers) you are considering using. However, none of the Apple-provided USB-C adapters can provide the 30W that would potentially power the MacBook.

Ref: About Apple USB power adapters - Apple Support

Can I charge laptop with iPhone charger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.