You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't install iOS 15.4 after downloading update

I downloaded the update 15.4 and am tried to install it but I got the message that some thing went wrong try again why?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 12:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 1:13 PM

elsayed209 wrote:

I downloaded the update 15.4 and am tried to install it but I got the message that some thing went wrong try again why?

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't update - Apple Support

4 replies

Mar 17, 2022 2:28 PM in response to razmee209

Same here. But my iPhone 12, all of 8 months old, then wouldn't connect to anything after that, as the previous iOS version was now gone. Tried reinstalling via iTunes, no luck. Brought the device to Verizon hoping they had some ideas. They swapped out my SIM card; no luck. Went home, proceeded thru a "restore". The phone found the cellular network, had bars and all, but then the Verizon activation service didn't connect. Back to Verizon. No luck - they said they were having issues with their activation services. Bars, etc., now missing, I DO have internet connection, but an "unable to activate services" message from Verizon. So...no text or voice capability. I blame Putin (joking). Sigh. What a clusterf**k. Back to Verizon tomorrow to see if another new SIM card will do the trick.

Suspiciously, this iPhone 12 had a similar issue with 15.3. I had to re-install via iTunes, which successfully reinstalled 15.3. (I also did the same thing with the 15.4 update, but it still failed.)

I don't think I will ever trust an Apple iPhone update again. EVER.

Mar 22, 2022 12:49 PM in response to Jslane21

Jslane21 wrote:

I purchased an I watch se yesterday and when I went to pair it with the phone it said I needed to update my XR to ios 15.4 I downloaded 15.4 but it won’t install so currently I’m stuck with a brand new watch I can’t use with my phone.

So what happen when you click and follow the instructions on the link I provided?

Can't install iOS 15.4 after downloading update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.