You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I-Cloud photos

If I make a bunch of albums to sort & store my photos, can I delete them out of the Main Folder where they all are stored when being downloaded?

I seem to find answers for the other way around, ie: you can delete out of an album and still have in main directory, but no answer for the reverse.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 7:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 11:37 AM

BriBon wrote:

If I make a bunch of albums to sort & store my photos, can I delete them out of the Main Folder where they all are stored when being downloaded?
I seem to find answers for the other way around, ie: you can delete out of an album and still have in main directory, but no answer for the reverse.

No, album points to the picture in the main folder, you delete the picture from main folder and it will delete from album as well.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 15, 2022 11:37 AM in response to BriBon

BriBon wrote:

No, album points to the picture in the main folder, you delete the picture from main folder and it will delete from album as well.

I-Cloud photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.