You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone is asking for my Mac password. Is this my Apple ID password?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 9:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 12:21 PM

See -> Change the login password on Mac

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mchlp1550/mac

Note: Your login password is the password you enter to unlock your Mac when you turn it on or wake it from sleep. It is not your Apple ID password, which provides access to the iTunes Store, App Store, Apple Books, iCloud and other Apple services.

Can you tell us -> when are you asked that question on the iPhone?

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 15, 2022 12:21 PM in response to rondolady

See -> Change the login password on Mac

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mchlp1550/mac

Note: Your login password is the password you enter to unlock your Mac when you turn it on or wake it from sleep. It is not your Apple ID password, which provides access to the iTunes Store, App Store, Apple Books, iCloud and other Apple services.

Can you tell us -> when are you asked that question on the iPhone?

Mar 18, 2022 8:40 PM in response to rondolady

I downloaded a wordle! and within an hour of playing the game on my iPhone 11, I received a message that I needed to enter my Apple ID password. I entered my password ad the two factor authentication said it would send me a code (on my iPhone) and a code immediately popped up on my phone screen but not via text. The code on the screen did not work. I tried several times with a new code and it did not work. I logged into appleID to change my password because I was concerned the downloaded app had some problems and reset my password, I checked the box to sign me out of all devices. I updated my AppleID password on my iPhone and now a message on my iPhone is asking me to "Enter Mac Password". I have not done this yet and want to confirm this is a normal request. I deleted the Wordle! app to be safe.

I decided to check for updates on my iPhone and I am currently downloading IOS 15.4 and am waiting on that to complete.

Please advise if I should enter my Mac password on my iPhone. I don't recall it ever asking me to do this.

Thank you

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.