You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X slow speed in 5G WiFi

My iPhone X has slow download and upload speeds on 5G WiFi. And when using the the 2.4G band, iPhone thinks it is a mobile data connection. So iCloud refuses to back up, WhatsApp refuses to back up and software update tab shows "connect to WiFi to download software"

Help needed as it is inconvenient to keep switching

iPhone X

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 1:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 3:24 PM

5G and Wi-Fi are two different things. I think you mean 5GHz.

You seem to be having problems with Wi-Fi

If Wi-Fi will not connect 

• Reset the router to factory settings (menu or paper clip)
  • On iphone Settings, General, Transfer iphone or reset, reset, reset network settings
  • If you have a VPN you are strongly recommended to uninstall it and its profile in Settings, General, VPN and device management 

Here's some more steps you can try for Wi-Fi connection issues that may be helpful: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 15, 2022 3:24 PM in response to harshal_yadav

5G and Wi-Fi are two different things. I think you mean 5GHz.

You seem to be having problems with Wi-Fi

If Wi-Fi will not connect 

• Reset the router to factory settings (menu or paper clip)
  • On iphone Settings, General, Transfer iphone or reset, reset, reset network settings
  • If you have a VPN you are strongly recommended to uninstall it and its profile in Settings, General, VPN and device management 

Here's some more steps you can try for Wi-Fi connection issues that may be helpful: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

iPhone X slow speed in 5G WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.