You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old iPhone

What information should I save on my old iPhone that I'm keeping as a spare ?

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 10:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 9:20 AM

Salutations perryfromns, 

If you use iCloud and are signed in on the old device with the same Apple ID any data you have set to sync will automatically stay on your old device. This is one of the bonuses of iCloud. As for whether you want to keep apps on your old device, removing apps will require you to log back in to the apps if you redownload them, but keeping them may require you to run many app updates if you start using the device again. 

Thanks. 

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 17, 2022 9:20 AM in response to perryfromns

Salutations perryfromns, 

If you use iCloud and are signed in on the old device with the same Apple ID any data you have set to sync will automatically stay on your old device. This is one of the bonuses of iCloud. As for whether you want to keep apps on your old device, removing apps will require you to log back in to the apps if you redownload them, but keeping them may require you to run many app updates if you start using the device again. 

Thanks. 

Old iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.