You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Retina 2013 Mouse issue after update

Hi All,

My MacBook Pro Retina Early 2013 just got updated last night and now every time I reboot the Mouse starts acting strange after 20-30 Seconds. Almost as if a driver loads and causes the issue.

I have tried resetting the NVRam and starting in safe mode but the same thing happens?

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

for your information: if I launch MacOS recovery everything starts working. So it is not a hardware issue.

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 9:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 9:09 PM

@HWTech Thanks for the reply!

I ran a recovery reinstall over the existing OS and this has re solved the issue. As I said it didn’t seem to be a hardware problems!

I am almost certain now that it was related to the last iOS security update.

2 replies

Mar 17, 2022 7:47 PM in response to Myatix

Myatix wrote:

for your information: if I launch MacOS recovery everything starts working. So it is not a hardware issue.

That may not be true. Recovery Mode is a very limited mode with just a fraction of the OS being used/available so recovery mode may not be utilizing the hardware in the same way a full macOS does.

It is possible that Spotlight may be indexing the drive which can easily tie up system resources. Or maybe you have some other items that are scanning or checking for updates.

Try running Disk Utility First Aid on the hidden Container. Even if First Aid says everything is "Ok" click "Show Details" and scroll back through the report to see if any unfixed errors are listed. If there are any unfixed errors listed, then try running First Aid from Internet Recovery Mode, otherwise you will need to erase the whole physical drive and restore from a backup or clone.

Also try disconnecting all external devices in case one of them is causing a problem.

You can try running the Apple Diagnostics to see if any hardware issues are detected.

MacBook Pro Retina 2013 Mouse issue after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.