You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add all Playlists in Music?

I have created numerous Playlists in Music with macOS Catalina.

However none appear in Music in new 2021 iMac using Monterey!

How to fix? TIA

c.

However none are available or added now in Music in new iMax 2021 in Monterey!

How to fix?

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 12:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 9:21 AM

Hello there,

Just to clarify, have you made sure to enable Sync Library after subscribing to Apple Music? If not, let's make sure that this feature is enabled. It looks like it was linked it in a previous message but just to be sure, we'll share it again below.

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

Let us know if that helps!

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 19, 2022 9:21 AM in response to pwwwayne

Hello there,

Just to clarify, have you made sure to enable Sync Library after subscribing to Apple Music? If not, let's make sure that this feature is enabled. It looks like it was linked it in a previous message but just to be sure, we'll share it again below.

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

Let us know if that helps!

Mar 18, 2022 1:39 PM in response to pwwwayne

Hello pwwwayne,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. Did you use Migration Assistant or restore from a Time Machine backup?

If not, you need to be an Apple Music subscriber and have Sync Library turned on.

"Open the Apple Music app.From the menu bar at the top of your screen, choose Music > Preferences.Go to the General tab and select Sync Library to turn it on. If you don't subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match, you won’t see an option to turn on Sync Library.Click OK.If you have a large music library, it might take some time to upload and sync your music library across all of your devices."Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

Sync Library allows you to access all of your music on all of your Apple devices.

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Mar 19, 2022 8:38 AM in response to Lager1

Thank you.

I've gone through the steps prescribed including subscribing to Apple Music -- I think ?!

Music app certainly changed!

In sidebar the item All Playlists is no loner greyed out, now clickable.

But no playlist appear

Also nowhere does it appear where I am to be charged. Is it because I was taken to 1 month free?

At any rate No Playlists have appeared!

Mar 19, 2022 12:06 PM in response to nathan430

That definitely helped:

On my iPhone under Settings>Music>>Sync Library had not been enabled.

Now checked as one:

Voila: All PayLists button appeared on iMac and clickable.

But only 6 items displayed,

The original Playlist cerated (like forever (residing on MacBook Pro) is very, very lengthy

-- at least 100, more likely > 200 or more .

And now there is an item showing in Music on MBP with the active rotating circle --> Updating Cloud Music Library

But still only 6 named lists showing in the All Playlists on my new iMac . . . .

WRONG! Now truly ALL Playlists are present on new iMac!!!!

and Music on MBP is still Updating Cloud Library

How to add all Playlists in Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.