You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15.4 wifi issues

I updated my iPhone to iOS 15.4, & now it won’t connect to WiFi anymore. I’ve tried the troubleshooting tips, but they didn’t help.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 1:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 1:48 PM

Hi,

First try this - If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support. If wont work Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. It will solve the issue.

If issue re-appears you may need to check modem settings and apply Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support on your modem.

I hope your issue gets solved.

13 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 17, 2022 1:48 PM in response to The_Jedi_Librarian

Hi,

First try this - If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support. If wont work Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. It will solve the issue.

If issue re-appears you may need to check modem settings and apply Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support on your modem.

I hope your issue gets solved.

Mar 17, 2022 1:58 PM in response to The_Jedi_Librarian

The_Jedi_Librarian wrote:

I tried forgetting the network and adding it back. I get the blue check mark, but I don’t get the WiFi fan symbol in the top left of my screen, I just get the cellular connection bars. I don’t have any other nearby networks that I can try connecting with.

That's not the same thing as resetting your network settings. That's the next thing I'd try.

Apr 18, 2022 10:34 AM in response to FatihAlperen

FatihAlperen wrote:

If you can see that you are already connected to Wi-Fi via Wi-Fi settings on your iPhone it means you have connection, not being able to see Wi-Fi icon on status bar doesn’t mean that you don’t have Wi-Fi connection and sometimes you need to swipe down status bar and swipe up. It happens when your WiFi connection halts.

I don't have either of these problems. Perhaps you meant to respond to someone else.

Apr 20, 2022 11:26 AM in response to The_Jedi_Librarian

Has anyone found a solution to this issue?? iPhone xr ios 15.4.1, cannot stay connected to the wifi at my work. I am able to stay connected on other wifi networks such as my home. I’ve tried: resetting network settings, turned wifi on/off, forgot network and reconnected, restarted the phone, turned off wifi calling and assist. I am going to unplug the work modem tonight but my hopes are low🤷🏻‍♂️

Apr 22, 2022 8:20 AM in response to HeartsDelight

Any updates? Tried all the suggestions above, and none worked.

iPhone and iPads do not stay connected to WiFi for more than 5 minutes at a time. Called Xfinity yesterday to make sure it wasn't an internet issue. They stated that they are aware of an issue with Apple devices having issues after the update that is unrelated to their equipment and that this is happening to lots of people. Their only suggestion was to keep "bugging" Apple for a fix.

iOS 15.4 wifi issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.