You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change screen time password

I am trying to change my screen time passcode but it does not give the option to change it (no “forgot password?” link). I think this is because I have too many failed attempts. I need my screen time passcode to reset this phone. Please help

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 1:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 1:51 AM

If you can't remember a restrictions passcode that you set on a previous version of iOS, or you forgot your Screen Time passcode, then you need to erase your device, then set it up as a new device to ➔How to remove the passcode. Restoring your device from a backup won't remove your passcode UNLESS your backup was created BEFORE the screen time passcode was created.

If you have updated to 15.x then follow these instructions ➔ If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 18, 2022 1:51 AM in response to odiecool

If you can't remember a restrictions passcode that you set on a previous version of iOS, or you forgot your Screen Time passcode, then you need to erase your device, then set it up as a new device to ➔How to remove the passcode. Restoring your device from a backup won't remove your passcode UNLESS your backup was created BEFORE the screen time passcode was created.

If you have updated to 15.x then follow these instructions ➔ If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

Axel F.

Change screen time password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.