You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Game Centre multiplayer restrictions.

There are big issues with content restrictions for Game Centre and Apple Arcade games. It doesn’t matter what settings I seem to change in screen time for my kids, they cannot play multiplayer. Despite allowing everything and putting everything to their highest settings, the online play for games like Disney Melee Mania won’t work. It does work if I remove content restrictions entirely, but that is not a viable solution. What’s the point in paying for Apple Arcade for the kids if so many games won’t work online? Am I missing something!?

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 11:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 10:46 AM

Unfortunately even with all settings set to “Allow” the games still do not work. Only once I turn off content restrictions does it work.

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 20, 2022 10:33 AM in response to StarmanZ19

Greetings StarmanZ19,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. This article explains which settings are available to be changed while restricting Game Center.

Are you able to make these changes when restricting other apps?

1. "Go to Settings and tap Screen Time.
  2. Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions, then tap Content Restrictions.
  3. Scroll down to Game Center, then choose your settings.

You can restrict these Game Center features:

• Multiplayer Games: Prevent the ability to play multiplayer games with everyone, allow with friends only, or allow with anyone
  • Nearby Multiplayer: Prevent the ability to enable the nearby setting"

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need additional assistance.

Take care.

Game Centre multiplayer restrictions.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.