You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 battery health degrading fast

So I have an iPhone 12. Got it in July 2021, it is now march 2022 and my battery health is already at 92%. Does anyone know why it is decreasing so fast? Also I have an iPhone XR and it dropped 10% in battery health in 2 years. So it just makes me wonder if there is something wrong and if apple will cover this….

iPhone 12

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 12:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 3:01 PM

It's 9 months and it's down 8%. Doesn't really sound all that unusual.

The only way that Apple will cover a battery replacement is if it's down to less than 80% and under 500 cycles within the warranty or AppleCare period. Or if there's something like a premature battery failure, which might result in something like an unplanned shutdown.

Other than that, there are no guarantees about battery health. There's a nominal rating of 80% battery health after 500 charge-discharge cycles. But it's not a guarantee of any kind of performance in between.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 19, 2022 3:01 PM in response to Jasmunitich

It's 9 months and it's down 8%. Doesn't really sound all that unusual.

The only way that Apple will cover a battery replacement is if it's down to less than 80% and under 500 cycles within the warranty or AppleCare period. Or if there's something like a premature battery failure, which might result in something like an unplanned shutdown.

Other than that, there are no guarantees about battery health. There's a nominal rating of 80% battery health after 500 charge-discharge cycles. But it's not a guarantee of any kind of performance in between.

iPhone 12 battery health degrading fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.