You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lock Screen icons

I’m seeing 2 settings type buttons drop down from battery percentage and disappear. What do they mean

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 4:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 4:46 PM

S_i11p,

It sounds like you may be seeing the icon for Control Center. While it's not for the iPhone, check out the photos in this article Use Control Center on your Mac to see if this is the symbol you are talking about.

When on the Lock Screen, if you swipe down from near the battery, under the line, this will bring up the Control Center and this icon is indicating this.

Learn more about accessing the Control Center on your iPhone here: Access Control Center on your iPhone and iPod touch.

Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 20, 2022 4:46 PM in response to S_i11p

S_i11p,

It sounds like you may be seeing the icon for Control Center. While it's not for the iPhone, check out the photos in this article Use Control Center on your Mac to see if this is the symbol you are talking about.

When on the Lock Screen, if you swipe down from near the battery, under the line, this will bring up the Control Center and this icon is indicating this.

Learn more about accessing the Control Center on your iPhone here: Access Control Center on your iPhone and iPod touch.

Cheers!

Mar 20, 2022 4:18 PM in response to nick_h2

Hi. Thanks for the reply. What I’m seeing is like 2 small monochrome Settings type icons, stacked one above the other, slide down from the battery icon (not very far), with a thin line underneath them when they land. Image disappears and starts over. Does this before I unlock my phone. I’ve checked my Settings and haven’t found anything that needs attention

Lock Screen icons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.