You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to get stereo audio signal out of either the Thunderbolt or USB-C ports on a 24" iMac with M1 chip?

Is there a way to configure audio output through one of the ports on the back of iMac24?

I have used an external speaker system on my past iMacs by just plugging it into the headphone jack and it works great. I could do the same on the new iMac but don't like the idea of having a plug and cord sticking out the side of the display. I can envision it getting snapped off at some point.

I see that apple sells a usb-c to 3.5 headphone adapter but not sure if it would work on an iMac.

iMac 24″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 11:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 11:41 AM

It's listed as compatible on the page…

Buy USB-C to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter - Apple

3 replies

Is it possible to get stereo audio signal out of either the Thunderbolt or USB-C ports on a 24" iMac with M1 chip?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.