You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV Wi-Fi connects at 10.2 Mbps down, iPhone 13 connects at 390.16 Mbps

My Apple TV connects so slowly when I run the Speedtest App on it - 10.21 Mbps download, while my iPhone is 390.16 Mbps. Circumstances:

• both connected to the same wi-fi router
  • the Apple TV is closer to the router than the iPhone
  • I've re-set the AppleTV (and the iPhone) turning them both off and on (unplugging the AppleTV and waiting 20 seconds). Repeated the results and they were nearly identical to the above.
  • My testing is using the SpeedTest App on both devices. I connect to the same server (COX - Phoenix) both times.

This is really messing with watching TV. So tired of the pauses and swirling circles and would really like a reply with something that works. Thank you so much!

Steve Larsen

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 9:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 5:09 AM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Does your iPhone reach the same speeds at the same location/position as the box? Interferences issues can depend on the exact location (radio shielding, other electro-magnetic sources in the same frequency band), and may differ with a few feet separation.

Check for nearby networks on the same or overlapping Wi-Fi channels. Such interference can be very localized (one corner of the room vs. other places).

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

If your Apple TV can't connect to Wi-Fi - Apple Support

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 21, 2022 5:09 AM in response to PSLarsen-az

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Does your iPhone reach the same speeds at the same location/position as the box? Interferences issues can depend on the exact location (radio shielding, other electro-magnetic sources in the same frequency band), and may differ with a few feet separation.

Check for nearby networks on the same or overlapping Wi-Fi channels. Such interference can be very localized (one corner of the room vs. other places).

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

If your Apple TV can't connect to Wi-Fi - Apple Support

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

AppleTV Wi-Fi connects at 10.2 Mbps down, iPhone 13 connects at 390.16 Mbps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.