You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music - Explicit Album Artwork still highly viewable when Content Restrictions are enabled

I've "locked down" my 10 year old's iPad with Content Restrictions, allowing only clean music among other settings. However in just a few minutes of using Apple Music on their iPad, I had viewed multiple album covers with explicit artwork that is inappropriate for someone their age. I'm really hoping to switch from Spotify Kids to Apple Music for the family, but this is a deal-breaker for us if I don't have adequate parental controls.

Assuming "explicit" music is also disabled, is there a way to either:

1. Not show an album if any song on the album is explicit? (this would be ideal)
  2. Disable album artwork altogether?
  3. Block specific artists?

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 10:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 10:46 AM

I don't know of any way of doing what you want, but I think those are reasonable requests. You should make these suggestions known to Apple using this link:

Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple Music - Explicit Album Artwork still highly viewable when Content Restrictions are enabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.