You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't export photos from photo library

Hi, since of today I can't export the photos from photo library on my Mac. I get an "Unknown Error (3)". Just the day before it worked. Nothing changed, I was just taking some screenshots with my iPad...

Mac mini, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 8:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 1:10 AM

Hi

First thing I'd suggest is to try restarting your mac. If that doesn't work, try restarting in safe mode.

Start up your Mac in safe mode – Apple Support (UK)

Safe mode will clear temporary files and caches, and sometimes fixes odd glitches such as this.

(It will take longer to start in safe mode than a normal start)

Also where is your library stored? if on an external drive, what is the format?

What version of MacOS do you have?

Is this error with all photos, or just some? And how are you exporting? Drag/drop or file>export?

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 23, 2022 1:10 AM in response to atomann

Hi

First thing I'd suggest is to try restarting your mac. If that doesn't work, try restarting in safe mode.

Start up your Mac in safe mode – Apple Support (UK)

Safe mode will clear temporary files and caches, and sometimes fixes odd glitches such as this.

(It will take longer to start in safe mode than a normal start)

Also where is your library stored? if on an external drive, what is the format?

What version of MacOS do you have?

Is this error with all photos, or just some? And how are you exporting? Drag/drop or file>export?

Can't export photos from photo library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.