You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos Disappeared from my Phone

My iPhone 12 Pro Max and my iPad Pro both use the same iCloud. About two months ago I deleted all my pictures (about 3k) from my iPad, completely forgetting that I’m deleting them from my entire iCloud account.

About three weeks ago when I woke up, I realized that half of my photos are missing. I would have let them go, however, some of the pictures I deleted from my iPad didn’t disappear from my iPhone. This makes me think that there was some other reason to the disappearance.

Should I have any hope at getting my pictures back?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 7:30 AM

3 replies

Mar 24, 2022 10:03 AM in response to hamida_m

Hello, hamida_m.

There is always hope! Let's check a few things together. Start out here: If you're missing photos or videos in the Photos app. This article offers several helpful methods to try to recover missing photos.

Also, please note: "If you're using My Photo Stream instead of iCloud Photos, your photos or videos might appear to be missing. Learn more about My Photo Stream."

Let us know if we can help with anything else at all or if this doesn't settle your issue. Thanks and have a fabulous day!

Photos Disappeared from my Phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.