You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro with not Pair with iMac or MacBook Pro (Monterey)

My iPhone 11 Pro (15.3.1) will not pair over Bluetooth with either our new iMac 24-inch, M1, 2021 (Monterey 12.1) or my MacBook Pro 16-inch, 2019 (Monterey 12.3)

I'm trying to use the Continuity Camera feature to scan documents but I cannot get the iPhone to pair with either computer.

Both computers exhibit the same behavior when trying to pair. It is the same behavior reported in this post: Bluetooth connectivity to iPhone 11 Pro M… - Apple Community

In Bluetooth, each device can see the other. If I try to pair with either Mac using my iPhone I get a "Pairing Unsuccessful, MacBook is not supported" message. If I try and pair to the phone from either Mac I get a pairing number which I also get on the phone and press "Pair" but this then fails.

I have tried disabling and restarting both wi-fi and bluetooth but this causes no change in behavior. Always the Mac (either one) appears to connect for 1-3 seconds and then returns to a "Not Connected" state.

I have tried booting both computers into Safe Mode but the behavior stays the same on both machines. No matter what I do I cannot get the iPhone 11 Pro to pair with either computer.

What should I try next?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 8:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 8:44 AM

An iPhone doesn't pair with a computer - it is not supported and pairing is not needed for Continuity.

An iPhone will not pair via Bluetooth to a computer (Mac or Windows) or an iPad except for personal hotspot and then only if your cellular plan supports it. See the following for more information: Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or … - Apple Community

If you are attempting to use Handoff/Continuity or AirDrop, that does involve Bluetooth but the devices are NOT paired; Bluetooth just needs to be on and the devices in range of each other. The following may have something that will help: Use Continuity Camera on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 23, 2022 8:44 AM in response to KapoMan

An iPhone doesn't pair with a computer - it is not supported and pairing is not needed for Continuity.

An iPhone will not pair via Bluetooth to a computer (Mac or Windows) or an iPad except for personal hotspot and then only if your cellular plan supports it. See the following for more information: Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or … - Apple Community

If you are attempting to use Handoff/Continuity or AirDrop, that does involve Bluetooth but the devices are NOT paired; Bluetooth just needs to be on and the devices in range of each other. The following may have something that will help: Use Continuity Camera on your Mac - Apple Support

iPhone 11 Pro with not Pair with iMac or MacBook Pro (Monterey)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.