You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch Alarm not going off

I have an Apple Watch 6 with the latest software update installed. It is paired with a iPhone 13 Pro. Every once in a while while wearing the watch to bed the alarm goes off but does not vibrate the watch or play the alarm notification on the phone. You might assume I somehow hair snoozed or shut off the alarm in my sleep and didn’t realize it. I’ve woken up while the alarm was displayed on the watch and phone displays with no notification through sound or vibration on either. Even if I snooze it for a snooze cycle it doesn’t vibrate or play the alarm sound at the end of that cycle. The only thing that seems to fix the issue is power cycling the watch.

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 8

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 5:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 12:48 PM

Hi jpblough,

Do you set the alarm from the Alarms app or using the sleep schedule? If using the Sleep Schedule be sure the option for "Turn off Wake Up Alarm" isn't on using the section below from the article here.

Turn off alarms and delete sleep schedules in Health on iPhone

"Turn off only your next scheduled wake up alarm

1. Tap Browse at the bottom right, then tap Sleep.
  2. Scroll down to Your Schedule, then tap Edit (below Next).
  3. Turn off Wake Up Alarm.
  4. Tap Done.
  5. After your next wake up time, your normal wake up alarm resumes.

Note: You can also use the Clock app  to change your next wake-up alarm."

You can also use the last section "Silence all notifications on Apple Watch" in the guide here: See and respond to notifications on Apple Watch to make sure the notifications haven't been silenced or your Focus options aren't conflicting with your alarms.

Be sure to check your haptic settings with the article here as well: Change the audio and notification settings on your Apple Watch

If the issue continues, be sure to reach out to Apple Support directly to report it and so they can further assist.

Contact Apple Support

Cheers!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 24, 2022 12:48 PM in response to jpblough

Hi jpblough,

Do you set the alarm from the Alarms app or using the sleep schedule? If using the Sleep Schedule be sure the option for "Turn off Wake Up Alarm" isn't on using the section below from the article here.

Turn off alarms and delete sleep schedules in Health on iPhone

"Turn off only your next scheduled wake up alarm

1. Tap Browse at the bottom right, then tap Sleep.
  2. Scroll down to Your Schedule, then tap Edit (below Next).
  3. Turn off Wake Up Alarm.
  4. Tap Done.
  5. After your next wake up time, your normal wake up alarm resumes.

Note: You can also use the Clock app  to change your next wake-up alarm."

You can also use the last section "Silence all notifications on Apple Watch" in the guide here: See and respond to notifications on Apple Watch to make sure the notifications haven't been silenced or your Focus options aren't conflicting with your alarms.

Be sure to check your haptic settings with the article here as well: Change the audio and notification settings on your Apple Watch

If the issue continues, be sure to reach out to Apple Support directly to report it and so they can further assist.

Contact Apple Support

Cheers!

Watch Alarm not going off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.