You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an old ipod that works great. It says it is version 1.3. Can I download a compatible version onto my Windows 10 laptop?

I have an old ipod that works great. It says it is version 1.3. Can I download a compatible version onto my Windows 10 laptop?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 11:14 PM

8 replies

Mar 24, 2022 2:47 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks, good info. My concern is that my library on the computer only shows the ability to download a few hundred songs from the cloud, but didn't seem to be able to play the thousands that I had gotten off of cds earlier. I remember following instructions to copy them from the old computer to the new. The old ipod still plays a few thousand, but I assumed that I could not get them to work on iTunes on the Windows machine, so I haven't downloaded or copied anything new to iTunes for a long time. I'll try once more when I have time before switching to something different.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.