You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't move MP3 audio book from Music to Audiobooks in iTunes

I have an old MP3 audio book in several folders. In the File Explorer folder I right clicked the individual files "Open in iTunes" => In iTunes "Album Info" I marked every file under "Details" Track 1 of 9, 2 of 9 etc.

Under "genre" it automatically shows "Audio book" and artwork shows correctly.

.....however in the "Options" under "Album Info" I can't change it to "Audio book" and it only shows up on my iPhone in the Music.

How can I move the book to Books?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 8:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 9:45 AM

Hmm. Which version of iTunes? Microsoft Store or standalone installer? Is audiobook an option when you only have a single track selected? Are you able to make other metadata changes to the same track that stick? See Repair security permissions for iTunes for Windows - Apple Community if that's not the case.

tt2

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 3, 2022 9:45 AM in response to Steenski

Hmm. Which version of iTunes? Microsoft Store or standalone installer? Is audiobook an option when you only have a single track selected? Are you able to make other metadata changes to the same track that stick? See Repair security permissions for iTunes for Windows - Apple Community if that's not the case.

tt2

Can't move MP3 audio book from Music to Audiobooks in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.