You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6 can't update to the current iOS?

my current version is 12.5 so please send me a new update of ios 15

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 8:55 AM

13 replies

Apr 21, 2022 11:07 AM in response to venkat297

A few points here:

1. This is a user-to-user technical support site operated by Apple. No Apple management or engineers are here and I certainly didn't slow down your iPhone
  2. Apple did respond to a battery issue 6 years ago where if the battery reached a certain state the phone would suddenly shut off. They made a change in software where it would slow down the phone rather than letting it just shut down. There mistake was not informing the public of this. They later made that setting an option and did a reduced price battery replacement.
  3. All computational products eventually reach a state where they can no longer be updated to a new operating system. In this case the 6 series does not have sufficient RAM to run iOS 13 or later and you cannot add RAM to it. The phone still works but eventually developers move on to take advantage of new features.
  4. There is no way to write iOS 13 or later to run on your phone without stripping out everything that was new and updated so it will work on your device. Then it would be called iOS 12.5.5
  5. The legal matter regarding the batteries was resolve 3 years ago.

Apr 21, 2022 10:59 AM in response to stedman1

My phone is iPhone 6plus and I never seen my phone performing very dead slow even after factory reset. I heard that you guys are slowing down the older versions of IPhones...also you guys stopping updates which means we can’t use phone anymore which you guys literally pushing us to upgrade our phones to latest versions... we are spending thousands and thousands of cash and buying iPhone to see a waste phone after few years... very dissatisfactory approach you guys are doing... pls consider the customers point as well.. all people mindset will be like till the phone works we should use the phone. Pls understand and give us the updates we want and also don’t slow down the phone... I heard one lady filed a case against apple for slowing down phones... don’t push the other peoples to do the same...

Apr 21, 2022 11:02 AM in response to venkat297

venkat297 wrote:

My phone is iPhone 6plus and I never seen my phone performing very dead slow even after factory reset. I heard that you guys are slowing down the older versions of IPhones

That is false.

As for not updating it, that device is obsolete. It is not capable of running anything higher than iOS 12.

By the way, you are not talking to Apple. This is a user forum.

My iPhone 6 can't update to the current iOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.