You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Want to close only selected PDF's in Preview

Big Sur 11.6. When I open more than one PDF, and I close one, they all close. That didn't happen in previous versions. Sometimes I need to look at one PDF to copy information for another. Then I don't need all of those extra files open, but I'm frustrated that when I close them it also closes the two that I am working on. Please help. Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 12:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 2:46 PM

Thank you! That works! I didn't even look at the 'file' menu in regards to that since I've been using different versions of preview for more years that I desire to count, and have always done it the same way until Big Sur. I wish I'd asked awhile back. It would have save a lot of frustration! Thanks again!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 24, 2022 2:46 PM in response to VikingOSX

Thank you! That works! I didn't even look at the 'file' menu in regards to that since I've been using different versions of preview for more years that I desire to count, and have always done it the same way until Big Sur. I wish I'd asked awhile back. It would have save a lot of frustration! Thanks again!

Want to close only selected PDF's in Preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.